Call (904) 204-6499 for Tenacious, Thorough Defense
Since 1978, our St. Augustine criminal law firm has delivered exceptional defense to clients throughout Florida. Whether you have been charged with petty theft and shoplifting, or you face charges of armed burglary or grand theft auto, you can find the aggressive defense you need and deserve.
Backed by decades of proven results and sterling service to our clients, our theft crime attorneys have the insights and qualifications you can rely on. Don't hesitate to see how our legal team can help you!
Why choose our theft crime lawyers?
- 78+ years of combined legal experience
- Significant percentage of not guilty verdicts
- Compassionate counsel and aggressive advocacy
- Hundreds of criminal trials resolved
Understanding Shoplifting, Burglary & Other Theft Charges
Whatever type of theft offense you are accused of, you can find the powerhouse defense you need at our St. Augustine firm. No case is too small to warrant our vigorous representation, and no case is too complex for our experienced team. We are ready to defend your rights and protect your future from the serious penalties of a shoplifting, theft, or burglary charge.
If you face theft charges in Florida, the potential penalties could be as follows:
- Petit Theft (petty theft): Up to 60 days in jail for a first offense, and up to one year of imprisonment and a six-month license revocation for a second offense, which also graduates the charge from a second to a first-degree misdemeanor
- Burglary: Five years to life in prison, probation, and a fine of up to $5,000-10,000, depending on the circumstances of the burglary (such as whether a weapon is involved)
- Grand theft: Up to five years in prison and/or probation and a $5,000 fine; up to 15 years in prison and/or probation and up to a $10,000 fine; up to 30 years in prison and a $10,000 fine; depending on whether the charge is classified as a third, second, or first-degree felony, respectively
- Armed and violent burglary: Life imprisonment and a $10,000 fine
Depending on the specifics of your case, you could face even stiffer penalties. Don't hesitate to discover what you're up against. Call Taylor & Waldrop Attorneys to speak with a St. Augustine theft crime lawyer about what you can expect from your case, and what your possible defenses could be.
Meet Your Attorneys
We Come Highly Recommended
She deserves a 10-Star rating!Tami
I would absolutely recommend him to anyone for any legal service he offers.Anonymous
It was like I knew him for years. I left that consultation knowing I was with the right attorney.Former Client
Aggressive and Result-Driven Representation
Thorough and Compassionate Guidance and Legal Advice
Over 78 Years of Combined Experience
Federal and State Cases Defended
Hundreds of Cases Tried Since 1978
Take the First Step to Protect Your Future. Call (904) 204-6499